Some random thoughts from this week:
1) Houston weather has been beautiful this week – upper 60s, low 70s, down to 50s at night. Lots of sunshine!
2) Apple, please license Adobe Flash Player for iPad, so my blog will be easier and look better!
3) Speaking of apples, “Man (woman) can not live on apples and caramel dip alone”
4) In my brain: Lady, sit down, shut up, and wait your turn like everyone else. Out loud: Of course, go ahead and take my slot. I’ll go next.
5) Echocardiograms seem like they would be much easier for men…..no breasts to get in the way! Unless of course, man boobs!
6) if I am going to have to spend $18 a day on one pill, I would much rather support a more exciting habit like good booze and smokes! But I’m sticking with the pills!
7) Still have a soft spot in my heart for Houston, having lived here before. Like my ‘hood.
8) Did Brandy really get voted off of DWTS???!!!
9) I don’t even know who The Sexiest Man Alive is….Ryan Reynolds
10) Spirometry test made me want to laugh because the technician cracked me up.
11) So thankful my siblings are doing the HLA donor match test next week!
12) Getting 2 units of red blood today. At MDA all red blood is irradiated as a standard of care making it safer. Other places don’t do this. Thanks so much to all donors! You are lifesavers!
13) I love the way Kid Rock and Martina McBride sing so soulfully together.
14) I love my husband who is back in Houston to take care of me and get me home for my week off!
15) My neighbor gets home every night at 10:30, makes a lot of noise hammering, turns up the TV or music and sings (badly) very loud!
16) Sharon has been my nurse all week in the transfusion unit and she is the best!
17) My Chinese EKG tech just told me how to make wonton soup. Can’t wait to try it!
18) Everyone have a wonderful weekend!